This is an updated map from Planning and Development that shows the addition or extension of several major thoroughfares in our area. To view the entire city map, download this PDF (3.9MB).
The additions and extensions include:
- The extension of Woodland Hills north to Porter and south to Atascocita over a new bridge
- The extension of Lake Houston Parkway north to Porter
- The extension of Mills Branch Road east to 59
- The extension of Kingwood Drive east through East End Park and across the river to Huffman
- The extension of Upper Lake Drive south of the river east toward 59
- The addition of East Lake Houston Parkway on the east side of the lake inside of 2100
- The extension of Kingwood Drive east to Cypresswood
- An extension of Townsend Drive northwestward across the San Jacinto
In compiling the MTFP, the City listens to developers and neighborhoods about such issues as congestion, mobility and future development plans. In that plan, the city identifies sections of roadways (either thoroughfares or major collectors) that are in need of expansion, either by lengthening or widening. The plan serves as notice to the public for developing land adjacent to the identified roads.
The plan does not address the construction schedule for roadway projects. Inquires about roadway construction should be directed to the City's Public Works and Engineering Department.